[GIT PULL 01/02] DaVinci EDMA clean-up for v3.16

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GIT PULL 01/02] DaVinci EDMA clean-up for v3.16

Sekhar Nori
Hi Olof, Kevin, Arnd,

These patches introduce a change to EDMA bindings. They
deprecate some bindings but new kernel will continue
to work with older DTBs since the information is now
read from hardware instead. I have not been able to
get an Ack/response from DT folks on this. Since it
has been close to two weeks since the patches were first
posted, I am asking for the patches to be merged so
we dont miss the merge window.

This pull request is on top of Vinod's topic/edma branch
which he has guaranteed will not be rebased before going
to Linus. This was needed because of dependency with some
patches he has queued.

This series introduces a trivial merge conflict with
Linux-next because of a bug fix which went in after
Vinod's branch was built.

Thanks,
Sekhar

The following changes since commit b0cce4ca3e740b5224d75634aa9d9abe9dfceabb:

  dmaengine: edma: update DMA memcpy to use new param element (2014-04-30 10:36:57 +0530)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nsekhar/linux-davinci.git tags/davinci-for-v3.16/edma

for you to fetch changes up to 903ed4913c7fe78d2746445564634264291c7493:

  ARM: edma: Remove redundant/unused parameters from edma_soc_info (2014-05-22 14:55:25 +0530)

----------------------------------------------------------------
This series makes edma use configuration
information available within the IP instead
of reading it from platform data or DT. Some
other useful clean-ups are included too.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Ujfalusi (14):
      ARM: edma: Clean up and simplify the code around irq request
      ARM: edma: No need to clean the pdata in edma_of_parse_dt()
      ARM: edma: Take the number of tc from edma_soc_info (pdata)
      ARM: edma: Do not change TC -> Queue mapping, leave it to default.
      ARM: davinci: Remove eDMA3 queue_tc_mapping data from edma_soc_info
      ARM: edma: Remove queue_tc_mapping data from edma_soc_info
      ARM: edma: Remove num_cc member from struct edma
      ARM: edma: Save number of regions from pdata to struct edma
      ARM: edma: Get IP configuration from HW (number of channels, tc, etc)
      dt/bindings: ti,edma: Remove redundant properties from documentation
      ARM: dts: am33xx: Remove obsolete properties from edma node
      ARM: dts: am4372: Remove obsolete properties from edma node
      ARM: davinci: Remove redundant/unused parameters for edma
      ARM: edma: Remove redundant/unused parameters from edma_soc_info

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/ti-edma.txt |   13 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/am33xx.dtsi                     |    3 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/am4372.dtsi                     |    3 -
 arch/arm/common/edma.c                            |  175 ++++++++++-----------
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/devices-da8xx.c             |   31 ----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm355.c                     |   14 --
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm365.c                     |   16 --
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm644x.c                    |   14 --
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm646x.c                    |   16 --
 include/linux/platform_data/edma.h                |    8 -
 10 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 200 deletions(-)
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[hidden email]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GIT PULL 02/02] DaVinci board changes for v3.16

Sekhar Nori
The following changes since commit c9eaa447e77efe77b7fa4c953bd62de8297fd6c5:

  Linux 3.15-rc1 (2014-04-13 14:18:35 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nsekhar/linux-davinci.git tags/davinci-for-v3.16/board

for you to fetch changes up to ea56785629494394b9e567c0a43690d6c972e137:

  ARM: davinci: remove checks for CONFIG_USB_MUSB_PERIPHERAL (2014-05-22 16:29:08 +0530)

----------------------------------------------------------------
This patch clean-up an unused #define
from code.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Bolle (1):
      ARM: davinci: remove checks for CONFIG_USB_MUSB_PERIPHERAL

 arch/arm/configs/davinci_all_defconfig      |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-dm355-evm.c     |    4 ----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-dm355-leopard.c |    4 ----
 3 files changed, 9 deletions(-)
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[hidden email]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GIT PULL 01/02] DaVinci EDMA clean-up for v3.16

Olof Johansson
In reply to this post by Sekhar Nori
Hi,

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 03:13:32PM +0530, Sekhar Nori wrote:

> Hi Olof, Kevin, Arnd,
>
> These patches introduce a change to EDMA bindings. They
> deprecate some bindings but new kernel will continue
> to work with older DTBs since the information is now
> read from hardware instead. I have not been able to
> get an Ack/response from DT folks on this. Since it
> has been close to two weeks since the patches were first
> posted, I am asking for the patches to be merged so
> we dont miss the merge window.

That should be fine. I also noticed that the bindings file still describes the
properties but under a deprecated section, that's good practice.

> This pull request is on top of Vinod's topic/edma branch
> which he has guaranteed will not be rebased before going
> to Linus. This was needed because of dependency with some
> patches he has queued.

Ok, I've created a depends/vinod-edma to track the dependency, starting at
SHA b0cce4ca3e74. I've also cc:d him on this reply so he's aware of this.

> This series introduces a trivial merge conflict with
> Linux-next because of a bug fix which went in after
> Vinod's branch was built.
>
> Thanks,
> Sekhar
>
> The following changes since commit b0cce4ca3e740b5224d75634aa9d9abe9dfceabb:
>
>   dmaengine: edma: update DMA memcpy to use new param element (2014-04-30 10:36:57 +0530)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nsekhar/linux-davinci.git tags/davinci-for-v3.16/edma
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 903ed4913c7fe78d2746445564634264291c7493:
>
>   ARM: edma: Remove redundant/unused parameters from edma_soc_info (2014-05-22 14:55:25 +0530)

Merged into next/drivers.


-Olof
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[hidden email]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GIT PULL 02/02] DaVinci board changes for v3.16

Olof Johansson
In reply to this post by Sekhar Nori
On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 03:13:33PM +0530, Sekhar Nori wrote:

> The following changes since commit c9eaa447e77efe77b7fa4c953bd62de8297fd6c5:
>
>   Linux 3.15-rc1 (2014-04-13 14:18:35 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nsekhar/linux-davinci.git tags/davinci-for-v3.16/board
>
> for you to fetch changes up to ea56785629494394b9e567c0a43690d6c972e137:
>
>   ARM: davinci: remove checks for CONFIG_USB_MUSB_PERIPHERAL (2014-05-22 16:29:08 +0530)

Merged into next/boards.


Thanks,

-Olof
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[hidden email]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GIT PULL 01/02] DaVinci EDMA clean-up for v3.16

Olof Johansson
In reply to this post by Olof Johansson
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 02:43:07PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 03:13:32PM +0530, Sekhar Nori wrote:
> > Hi Olof, Kevin, Arnd,
> >
> > These patches introduce a change to EDMA bindings. They
> > deprecate some bindings but new kernel will continue
> > to work with older DTBs since the information is now
> > read from hardware instead. I have not been able to
> > get an Ack/response from DT folks on this. Since it
> > has been close to two weeks since the patches were first
> > posted, I am asking for the patches to be merged so
> > we dont miss the merge window.
>
> That should be fine. I also noticed that the bindings file still describes the
> properties but under a deprecated section, that's good practice.
>
> > This pull request is on top of Vinod's topic/edma branch
> > which he has guaranteed will not be rebased before going
> > to Linus. This was needed because of dependency with some
> > patches he has queued.
>
> Ok, I've created a depends/vinod-edma to track the dependency, starting at
> SHA b0cce4ca3e74. I've also cc:d him on this reply so he's aware of this.
>
> > This series introduces a trivial merge conflict with
> > Linux-next because of a bug fix which went in after
> > Vinod's branch was built.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sekhar
> >
> > The following changes since commit b0cce4ca3e740b5224d75634aa9d9abe9dfceabb:
> >
> >   dmaengine: edma: update DMA memcpy to use new param element (2014-04-30 10:36:57 +0530)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nsekhar/linux-davinci.git tags/davinci-for-v3.16/edma
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 903ed4913c7fe78d2746445564634264291c7493:
> >
> >   ARM: edma: Remove redundant/unused parameters from edma_soc_info (2014-05-22 14:55:25 +0530)
>
> Merged into next/drivers.

This had a conflict with the fix from Thomas that fixes the binding. To
avoid this, you could have merged Vinod's branch in on top of the fix branch
you had, then build your new contents on top.

Anyway, not a huge deal, but something to tweak in the future.


-Olof
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[hidden email]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GIT PULL 01/02] DaVinci EDMA clean-up for v3.16

Sekhar Nori
On Tuesday 27 May 2014 03:28 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:

> This had a conflict with the fix from Thomas that fixes the binding. To
> avoid this, you could have merged Vinod's branch in on top of the fix branch
> you had, then build your new contents on top.

I did notice the conflict, but did not think about merging my fixes
branch in.

> Anyway, not a huge deal, but something to tweak in the future.

Thanks. Will keep in mind.

Regards,
Sekhar
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[hidden email]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source