help regarding Kernel(version 3.6 or above) upgrade for OMAPL138 davinci

help regarding Kernel(version 3.6 or above) upgrade for OMAPL138 davinci

Rajkumar Arjunan

Hi

We are using OMAP L138 for our products. Our Linux kernel version is  3.3(DAVINCI PSP release 03.22.00.06).

We plan to upgrade our kernel version 3.6 or above ,because we require full BLE(Bluetooth Low energy) functionally for our products.

Could you please suggest us, the stable kernel version(above 3.6) which is easy to port, provide git link and documentations.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

Raj A

Re: help regarding Kernel(version 3.6 or above) upgrade for OMAPL138 davinci

Sekhar Nori
On Wednesday 10 September 2014 01:05 PM, Rajkumar Arjunan wrote:

> Hi
>

> We are using OMAP L138 for our products. Our Linux kernel version is
>  3.3(DAVINCI PSP release 03.22.00.06).
>
> We plan to upgrade our kernel version 3.6 or above ,because we require
> full BLE(Bluetooth Low energy) functionally for our products.
>

> Could you please suggest us, the stable kernel version(above 3.6) which
> is easy to port, provide git link and documentations.

If by "stable" you meant "productized by TI" then no version later than
the one you mentioned was productized by TI.

You can use the latest stable/longterm kernel available from kernel.org.
You will have to upgrade the out of tree portions yourself or ask for
help on e2e.ti.com or from your local TI rep.

Thanks,
Sekhar

RE: help regarding Kernel(version 3.6 or above) upgrade for OMAPL138 davinci

Rajkumar Arjunan
Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for your reply.

Host Processor:- OMAP L138 (EVM board)

I want to use Linux kernel

TI is providing officially kernel version 3.3 as latest where BLE will not support. I require minimum kernel version 3.6 or above for BLE(Bluetooth Low Energy).

 Could you please send me git link for minimum kernel version 3.6 or above where USB host support (OHCI and MUSB support needed for OMAPL138) bugs were fixed.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj A
        .

On Wednesday 10 September 2014 02:11 PM, Rajkumar Arjunan wrote:

> Hi Sekhar,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Host Processor:- OMAP L138 (EVM board)
>
> I want to use Linux kernel
>
> TI is providing officially kernel version 3.3 as latest where BLE will not support. I require minimum kernel version 3.6 or above for BLE(Bluetooth Low Energy).
>
>  Could you please send me git link for minimum kernel version 3.6 or above where USB host support (OHCI and MUSB support needed for OMAPL138) bugs were fixed.

Sorry, I haven't really tested OHCI or MUSB on DA850/OMAP-L138 in a
while now. OHCI should be in a much better shape than MUSB. The MUSB
maintainer marked DA8XX support as BROKEN because it does not build and
fixing it requires a proper PHY driver to be written. So MUSB does
involve a bunch of work.

Thanks,
Sekhar